Commentary: I have a higher appreciation of all the time and effort that goes into creating an app. I used Mobincube to create my app and had many difficulties with figuring out how things worked and why parts of my app weren’t working. I spent a lot more time than I would have thought just creating this basic app. However, with all of these challenges I am even more motivated to improve on this app in the future and create other apps!
Game Name: Algebra 2 Mystic Quest (Checkpoints from CPM CCAlgebra 2 Textbook)
Link to Game: View App on Mobile Device Only http://mobincube.mobi/3MQUUC
Audience: High School Algebra 2 Students (Grades 10-12)
Learning Goal(s) of the Game: Students will review mathematical concepts from Algebra 1, Geometry, and Algebra 2 to give them a stronger understanding of the material to help them in Algebra 2.
- Why you selected this theme/game:
I currently teach Algebra 2 (honors and general levels) and would like a way to help students practice and improve their mastery of math concepts (checkpoints include Algebra 1, Geometry, and Algebra 2 concepts). My school is 1:1 iPads so ideally I want to create an app.
Directions for Playing the Game:
– They have to complete a number of problems to earn experience points (ie. 10 problems for 100 points total).
– Once they have 100 points, they can fight in a “boss battle”
– Boss Battle: Win = Leveled up, move on to next land/concept, Lose = lose half your points
– Leveling up rewards include: line up at door, get to choose seat for a day, get to pick music, get to use cell phone/messaging for certain amount of time, virtual pet, etc.
– Final Boss Ms. Carton: Mixture of all problems, must get them all correct to beat game